Recent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
A recent trademark filing at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for the 'C 53' nameplate suggests that Mercedes-Benz is looking to introduce the '53' line of AMG cars to the C-Class in the future.
The C-Class has received a heavy update recently and while the C 43 has received a power bump, the gap between this new 390PS motor and the 476PS C 63 AMG is reasonably large.
The C 53 will get the same mild-hybrid powertrain that is already available in the E 53 and CLS 53 internationally.
Mercedes-AMG C 43 for reference
The E 53 is powered by a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder turbocharged engine that puts out 429PS and 520Nm. The EQ boost alternator adds an additional 21PS and 250Nm when required. The motor is paired with AMG's new nine-speed transmission. The C 53 should come with similar outputs when it comes around.
The car should also come with four-wheel drive and variable torque distribution, multi-chamber air suspension and continuously adjustable damping. The usual plethora of suspension, steering and engine modes should be offered to tailor the experience to one's liking.
The EQ Boost system is making its way into many Mercedes-Benz cars. This helps to tide over the flat spots in the powerband before the turbo kicks in. Other advantages include the gliding mode with the engine switched off, and recuperative braking when the vehicle is coasting. Improvements have also been made in shift times for the 9-speed auto and to the engine cooling system.
The C 53 should also get styling upgrades to signify its AMG lineage. So expect bigger air-inlets, aero upgrades, uprated wheels and carbon interior trim.
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350