Recent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
A recent trademark filing at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for the 'C 53' nameplate suggests that Mercedes-Benz is looking to introduce the '53' line of AMG cars to the C-Class in the future.
The C-Class has received a heavy update recently and while the C 43 has received a power bump, the gap between this new 390PS motor and the 476PS C 63 AMG is reasonably large.
The C 53 will get the same mild-hybrid powertrain that is already available in the E 53 and CLS 53 internationally.
Mercedes-AMG C 43 for reference
The E 53 is powered by a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder turbocharged engine that puts out 429PS and 520Nm. The EQ boost alternator adds an additional 21PS and 250Nm when required. The motor is paired with AMG's new nine-speed transmission. The C 53 should come with similar outputs when it comes around.
The car should also come with four-wheel drive and variable torque distribution, multi-chamber air suspension and continuously adjustable damping. The usual plethora of suspension, steering and engine modes should be offered to tailor the experience to one's liking.
The EQ Boost system is making its way into many Mercedes-Benz cars. This helps to tide over the flat spots in the powerband before the turbo kicks in. Other advantages include the gliding mode with the engine switched off, and recuperative braking when the vehicle is coasting. Improvements have also been made in shift times for the 9-speed auto and to the engine cooling system.
The C 53 should also get styling upgrades to signify its AMG lineage. So expect bigger air-inlets, aero upgrades, uprated wheels and carbon interior trim.
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055