Refreshed 2020 BMW M5 gets tech from big-brother M8
Along with the 5 Series, BMW's M performance division has also had a go at freshening up to high-power BMW M5. Most noticeable is the aggressive new face with takes the same sharper Laser lighting from the standard 5 along with the larger grille. In the M5, this is finished in black detailing which is also found in the reworked front bumper. The new rear lamps also get black surrounds while the rear bumper with the black apron around the quad tailpipes has been changed. Finally, there are new 19-inch wheels, two new standard colours and two new optional colours.
There is the new digital instrumentation and the new 12.3-inch touchscreen. The M5 specifically adds new Sport and Track drive modes. Another new addition is the M-specific two-button set up for the drive modes derived from the M8. The BMW M5 Competition features new shock absorbers from the BMW M8 Gran Coupé. The Competition also sits 7mm lower and gets larger 20-inch wheels.
The 4.4-litre twin-turbo has been left untouched and makes 600PS in standard and 625PS in Competition mode. Both make 750 Nm. The M5 gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.4 s, the Competition in 0.1s less. The engine pairs with the eight-speed auto with xDrive AWD and a selectable RWD mode. Top speed, with the optional M Driver's Package, is 305 kmph.
Starts Rs 1.55 Crore
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks
- NewsDetailed interior shots of next-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class preview its game-changing cabin
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone