Refreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
Isuzu Motors India has launched the new 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV in the country at a price of Rs 26.26 lakh for the 4x2 variant and Rs 28.22 lakh for the 4x4 variant (both prices, ex-Hyderabad). The 7-seater MU-X primarily features a cosmetic refresh apart from a minor update to the cabin, and no mechanical changes from the current-generation SUV on sale in the country. The pre-facelift MU-X was launched in India during May 2017, replacing the MU-7 SUV. The facelifted MU-X now replaces the 2017 model. In terms of safety, the MU-X now has six airbags instead of the earlier two and Hill Descent Control (HDC).
The Isuzu MU-X facelift features updated Bi-LED auto-levelling projector lamps with integrated LED DRLs, as well as a revised grille and front bumper design, which Isuzu calls eagle-inspired. The latter now sports larger round fog lamps and chrome inserts. The body lines from the sides remain unchanged. There are bigger 18-inch multi-spoke wheels with a twist design too.
At the rear are revised tail lamps with accentuated LED position lamps, larger 2-tone roof spoiler, a sharkfin antenna with gunmetal finish and new bumper design. The interior now receives a new Lava Black upholstery and quilted leather seats.
Mechanically, the 2019 MU-X facelift comes powered by the same 3.0-litre diesel engine as the current MU-X. This motor produces 177PS and 390Nm. It is mated to a 5-speed sequential automatic gearbox. There is also a 4x4 Terrain Command variant which features a shift-on-the-fly rotary dial. The MU-X ground clearance has been raised slightly to 230mm.
Speaking at the launch of the new MU-X, Jonty Rhodes said, "Built on the versatile D-MAX pick-up platform, the SUV has more to offer to travel enthusiasts like me and to many families. It certainly brings the best of both worlds together and it grows on you as you drive it more".
Isuzu is offering a staggering 5 year/1.5 lakh km warranty on the new MU-X, and free service for the same period. There is also a 36-month buyback scheme for customers. The facelifted MU-X will compete with the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, and the upcoming Mahindra Rexton SUV which is expected to be launched by the festive season this year.
Starts Rs 26.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh