2017 Renault Captur SUV teased, to be launched in India by the end of this year
Renault India has teased an image of its upcoming SUV, the Captur. The SUV has already been caught testing in India. The Renault Captur will be positioned above the Renault Duster and will compete with the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and the recently launched Jeep Compass in India.
We believe the India-spec Captur is essentially the Russian Kaptur, whose underpinnings are based on the Duster's B0 platform. The European Captur, despite having the same name, has a shorter wheelbase and based on a different platform.
Since the SUV is based on the Duster, the Captur is expected to get the Duster's 1.5-litre dCi diesel engine in different states of tune. Choice of transmission might be similar to the international version which offers options between a 5-speed manual, a CVT and a 6-speed automatic. Initially, the 2WD version will be launched with the 4WD following sometime later.
The Captur may get full LED headlamps with DRLs. The interior might get a choice between two-tone look or an all-black theme like the Russian model. A 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and navigation might be on offer as well.
The Captur measures 18mm longer than the Duster and will be offered in a 5-seater configuration. The rear bench can be folded down in 60/40 ratio, which will expand the 387-litre boot to 1,200 litres. At 204mm of ground clearance, the Captur will have no problem maneuvering over bad sections.
The Renault Captur will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai. We believe this will help the company price the SUV aggressively against the competition.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6