2017 Renault Captur SUV teased, to be launched in India by the end of this year
Renault India has teased an image of its upcoming SUV, the Captur. The SUV has already been caught testing in India. The Renault Captur will be positioned above the Renault Duster and will compete with the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and the recently launched Jeep Compass in India.
We believe the India-spec Captur is essentially the Russian Kaptur, whose underpinnings are based on the Duster's B0 platform. The European Captur, despite having the same name, has a shorter wheelbase and based on a different platform.
Since the SUV is based on the Duster, the Captur is expected to get the Duster's 1.5-litre dCi diesel engine in different states of tune. Choice of transmission might be similar to the international version which offers options between a 5-speed manual, a CVT and a 6-speed automatic. Initially, the 2WD version will be launched with the 4WD following sometime later.
The Captur may get full LED headlamps with DRLs. The interior might get a choice between two-tone look or an all-black theme like the Russian model. A 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and navigation might be on offer as well.
The Captur measures 18mm longer than the Duster and will be offered in a 5-seater configuration. The rear bench can be folded down in 60/40 ratio, which will expand the 387-litre boot to 1,200 litres. At 204mm of ground clearance, the Captur will have no problem maneuvering over bad sections.
The Renault Captur will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai. We believe this will help the company price the SUV aggressively against the competition.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 -24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X