Renault HBC SUV spied in India ahead of Auto Expo 2020 debut
Renault India is expected to launch its new SUV codenamed HBC later this year, which will only come in petrol with the updated BS-VI engine. The SUV will be sub-four meter in length and be built on the same platform as the Triber MPV, which was launched in 2019.
The price of the SUV is expected to start from Rs 7 lakh and go up to Rs 10 lakh for the automatic variant. The SUV is expected to be powered by the turbocharged version of the Triber's 1.0 litre 3-cylinder engine producing 72PS of power and 96Nm of torque. The car will get both, 5-speed manual and the AMT transmission options. Renault is expected to bring the CVT transmission for this one.
The exterior styling of the SUV is expected to come with a split headlamp, with an indicator unit on top and projector headlamps on the bottom. The side profile is more squared-off than the Triber's The rear end of the SUV should get LED tail lamps and a shark-fin antenna. The rear seems to get a chunky bumpers and a heavily raked windscreen for a sportier effect
We expect the interior of the SUV to be similar in look, feel and kit to the Triber's. The spied version of the car is seen with a touch screen infotainment system and a Triber-like dashboard. The SUV is expected to compete with Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and Tata Nexon.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Verna launched in India: Variants explained
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055