Renault India appoints Venkatram Mamillapalle as its new MD
Venkatram Mamillapalle until recently was the head of Renault-Nissan-Avtovaz. Purchasing Organisation in Russia will take over Renault India as the Managing Director and Head of Renault India Operations. Sumit Sawhney, who is the current Managing Director of the company will be moving to a new position within the same organisation. Mamillapalle will report to Fabrice Cambolive - Chairman, AMI Region for Groupe Renault.
Venkatram Mamillapalle comes in position of Sumit Sawhney
Commenting on this change, Fabrice Cambolive, Senior Vice-President, Chairman, Africa-Middle-East-India Region, shared, "Over the last six years, Sumit has been instrumental in laying a strong foundation for establishing and growing the Renault brand in India. Under his leadership, Renault has become the number one European brand in this highly competitive and dynamic automotive market with two strong pillar models Duster and Kwid. Sumit has ensured that the India team, together with all our partners, work towards a single focus of achieving the important ambitions laid out for the Indian market and has also worked towards ensuring the future line-up for the country. Sumit will continue to be a member of Africa-Middle East India Region executive committee and his new position will be announced soon."
"India is an important market for Groupe Renault's future growth plans. I am confident that Venkatram will build on the momentum and will further drive the growth and performance of our
operations in India," concluded Cambolive. Venkatram Mamillapalle has held key positions in automobile companies such as Tata Motors, General Motors, Eicher Tractors, Lombardini India and Delphi Automotive Systems.
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block