Renault India launches entry-level Scala RxE diesel at Rs 8.29 lakh
Image of 2013 Renault Scala RxZ used for reference
Renault India today introduced an entry-level diesel variant of its premium sedan Scala, priced at ? 8.29 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The new variant, Scala RxE, expands Renault's line of diesel models and offers customers a reasonable and well-packaged diesel option, Renault India said in a statement.
The RxE diesel will be powered by the same 1.5-litre k9K diesel assembly that does duty in the RxL and RxZ variants. It produces 85PS and 200Nm of torque. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox.
The entry level Scala RxE will come with features like a driver-side airbag, anti-lock brake system, brake assist, engine immobiliser and electronic brake distribution while omitting goodies like a passenger airbag, climate control and power windows.
"At Renault India, we are constantly endeavouring to offer products that meet the complete spectrum of customer needs," said Sumit Sawhney, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Renault India Pvt. Ltd. "The Scala RxE not only offers the luxury, roominess and excellent ride and handling of the Scala diesel variants, but also delivers a host of features high on safety, comfort and entertainment all in a price currently unmatched at the entry level of the premium sedan segment," he added.
The Scala is available in six variants in diesel and petrol options. While the petrol variants are priced between ? 7.19 lakhs and ? 9.99 lakhs, the diesel variants are available in a price range of ? 8.79 lakhs to ? 9.68 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana
- NewsElectric vehicles can now be sold in India without batteries, states the Government
- NewsSteelbird India launches hands free face shield, plans to make 1 lakh units in three months