Renault India planning to launch compact SUV
In India, Renault's product portfolio comprises of the Kwid small car, Pulse hatchback, Lodgy MPV and the Duster SUV, Amongst them, it is the Kwid that is selling the most. In fact the success of the Kwid has even got Maruti Suzuki worried. The Renault Kwid is clocking sales of around 9,000 units on a month on month basis. Renault India ended 2016 with a market share of around 4.5 per cent and understandably the Kwid had an important role to play.
Encouraged by the success of the Kwid, Renault India is planning to introduce more models with a highly localised content to keep prices competitive. According to an Economic Times report, the carmaker is planning to introduce a premium small car which will be positioned above the Kwid as well as a compact SUV. Sumit Sawhney, CEO and managing director of Renault India has said that the company is looking at expanding it's portfolio.
Although Sawhney didn't reveal any specific details, he said that the company is looking at segments above the Kwid. "We will surely have one car launch every year. This will happen as our distribution and sales footprint get stronger," he said.
Commenting on the Kwid Sawhney said, "Localisation was the key behind the success of the car." He also revealed that the new products will be an integral part of the company's strategy.
The Renault Kaptur has been caught testing in India. It is based on the Duster platform and is expected to be launched by the end of this year.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa