Renault India to increase production of the Kwid to 10,000 units per month
Renault India has announced that it will increase production of the Kwid to cater to the increasing demand for the car. It aims to increase production to 10,000 units per month by March 2016. Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and MD of Renault India confirmed this to OVERDRIVE on the sidelines of the Duster AMT unveil at the expo.
The Renault Kwid has been an instant success for the French manufacturer. Since its launch in September 24, 2015, Renault has received over 1,00,000 bookings. Currently the company produces 6,000 units per month and plans to ramp up production in a stepped manner. It adds that it will increase production to 8,000 units per month and then to the target figure of 10,000. Currently there is a three month waiting period on the Kwid and the company hopes to reduce it once production increases.
Renault also introduced two new variants of the Kwid, one with an AMT and another with a new 1-litre engine, at the 2016 Auto Expo. With its killer pricing strategy, Renault could be staring at another long order book when these two variants go on sale this year.
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards