Renault India to increase production of the Kwid to 10,000 units per month
Renault India has announced that it will increase production of the Kwid to cater to the increasing demand for the car. It aims to increase production to 10,000 units per month by March 2016. Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and MD of Renault India confirmed this to OVERDRIVE on the sidelines of the Duster AMT unveil at the expo.
The Renault Kwid has been an instant success for the French manufacturer. Since its launch in September 24, 2015, Renault has received over 1,00,000 bookings. Currently the company produces 6,000 units per month and plans to ramp up production in a stepped manner. It adds that it will increase production to 8,000 units per month and then to the target figure of 10,000. Currently there is a three month waiting period on the Kwid and the company hopes to reduce it once production increases.
Renault also introduced two new variants of the Kwid, one with an AMT and another with a new 1-litre engine, at the 2016 Auto Expo. With its killer pricing strategy, Renault could be staring at another long order book when these two variants go on sale this year.
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh