Renault Kaptur to hit Indian showrooms in September this year
The Renault Kaptur is one of the much anticipated SUVs in India. It is expected to replicate the same level of success that Renault India achieved with the Duster. And now sources close to the company have informed us that Renault will be bringing the Kaptur in September this year.
Built on the Renault Duster platform, the Kaptur is presently sold in the Russian markets. Even though the design of the Kaptur looks similar to that of the Captur, the former gets distinct bits in the form an aggressive stance with a bold Renault logo placed against the glossy grille. It gets a sleek headlight design and is offered with projector lights. The front bumper houses LED daytime running lamps with a bash plate underneath.
In terms of dimensions, the Renault Kaptur measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width (excluding door mirrors) and 1,613mm in height. These numbers make it 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Renault Duster. However, both the SUVs have a similar wheelbase at 2,674mm since the platform of both the SUVs are same. The features list in the Renault Kaptur includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity along with a satellite navigation system on the top spec variant. The cabin is similar to the Captur, save for a steering wheel and the smaller display unit.
The other bit of information that OVERDRIVE has learnt is that unlike Duster, Renault will not be offering petrol engines in the Kaptur. Instead, the manufacturer will only offer the 1.5dCi motor in the SUV. The same motor that does duty in the Duster makes 85PS and 110PS, however we expect only the latter to make it into the Kaptur. The power output will be increased in the Kaptur with additional refinement. Additionally, we have also come to know that Renault is looking at offering a new turbocharger on the Kaptur instead of offering the Duster's unit that will supposedly reduce the turbo lag as well as offer a superior performance.
Interestingly, the 110PS diesel version of the Duster has been removed from the Renault India website whereas the same exists on the Nissan's Terrano page. This means that the Duster will continue to be available with the 85PS diesel motor while the Kaptur will get the 110PS diesel motor.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India