Renault Kaptur to hit Indian showrooms in September this year
The Renault Kaptur is one of the much anticipated SUVs in India. It is expected to replicate the same level of success that Renault India achieved with the Duster. And now sources close to the company have informed us that Renault will be bringing the Kaptur in September this year.
Built on the Renault Duster platform, the Kaptur is presently sold in the Russian markets. Even though the design of the Kaptur looks similar to that of the Captur, the former gets distinct bits in the form an aggressive stance with a bold Renault logo placed against the glossy grille. It gets a sleek headlight design and is offered with projector lights. The front bumper houses LED daytime running lamps with a bash plate underneath.
In terms of dimensions, the Renault Kaptur measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width (excluding door mirrors) and 1,613mm in height. These numbers make it 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Renault Duster. However, both the SUVs have a similar wheelbase at 2,674mm since the platform of both the SUVs are same. The features list in the Renault Kaptur includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity along with a satellite navigation system on the top spec variant. The cabin is similar to the Captur, save for a steering wheel and the smaller display unit.
The other bit of information that OVERDRIVE has learnt is that unlike Duster, Renault will not be offering petrol engines in the Kaptur. Instead, the manufacturer will only offer the 1.5dCi motor in the SUV. The same motor that does duty in the Duster makes 85PS and 110PS, however we expect only the latter to make it into the Kaptur. The power output will be increased in the Kaptur with additional refinement. Additionally, we have also come to know that Renault is looking at offering a new turbocharger on the Kaptur instead of offering the Duster's unit that will supposedly reduce the turbo lag as well as offer a superior performance.
Interestingly, the 110PS diesel version of the Duster has been removed from the Renault India website whereas the same exists on the Nissan's Terrano page. This means that the Duster will continue to be available with the 85PS diesel motor while the Kaptur will get the 110PS diesel motor.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch