Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT bookings open in India
Renault India had first showcased the Kwid 1.0 AMT at the 2016 Auto Expo. As the name suggests, this Kwid variant gets a 1.0-litre petrol engine mated to an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). On the Renault India website, the Kwid AMT is being teased with the tagline 'coming soon: a revolutionary dial that will change everything'. This implies that the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT is going to be launched soon.
Our sources in the company said that the Kwid AMT will be launched sometime in the second week of November 2016. We spoke to a Renault dealer in Bengaluru, who said that the cars have already arrived in their showrooms. They are currently accepting bookings for the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT for an amount of Rs 25,000. Deliveries are scheduled to start around mid-November. The Kwid 1.0 AMT will be offered only on the top RxT trim. It gets a gear shift control dial which lets one choose between neutral, drive and reverse modes. It will also offer a crawl function which when engaged moves the car forward slowly without any accelerator input.
Renault India already sells the Kwid 1.0 which is powered by a 999c engine that makes 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque. The Kwid 1.0 RxT costs Rs 3.82 lakh while the Kwid RxT (O) is priced at Rs 3.95 lakh.
The Kwid is also available with a 799cc engine which makes 54PS and 72Nm of torque. It is available in six trims with a price range of Rs 2.62 to Rs 3.67 lakh.
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra unveils the Mahindra Adventure Season 8 Calendar for 2018
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso wins thrilling season opener at Qatar
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm flagged off in Noida
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra