Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT bookings open in India
Renault India had first showcased the Kwid 1.0 AMT at the 2016 Auto Expo. As the name suggests, this Kwid variant gets a 1.0-litre petrol engine mated to an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). On the Renault India website, the Kwid AMT is being teased with the tagline 'coming soon: a revolutionary dial that will change everything'. This implies that the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT is going to be launched soon.
Our sources in the company said that the Kwid AMT will be launched sometime in the second week of November 2016. We spoke to a Renault dealer in Bengaluru, who said that the cars have already arrived in their showrooms. They are currently accepting bookings for the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT for an amount of Rs 25,000. Deliveries are scheduled to start around mid-November. The Kwid 1.0 AMT will be offered only on the top RxT trim. It gets a gear shift control dial which lets one choose between neutral, drive and reverse modes. It will also offer a crawl function which when engaged moves the car forward slowly without any accelerator input.
Renault India already sells the Kwid 1.0 which is powered by a 999c engine that makes 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque. The Kwid 1.0 RxT costs Rs 3.82 lakh while the Kwid RxT (O) is priced at Rs 3.95 lakh.
The Kwid is also available with a 799cc engine which makes 54PS and 72Nm of torque. It is available in six trims with a price range of Rs 2.62 to Rs 3.67 lakh.
Starts Rs 3.31 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively