Renault Kwid gets over 85,000 bookings in India
The Renault Kwid has received over 85,000 bookings since its launch on September 24, 2015. Priced at Rs 2.56 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base trim, the Renault Kwid competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon. Under the hood, the Renault Kwid gets a 799cc 3-cylinder DOHC motor producing 54PS of power and 74Nm of torque.
Around two weeks after its launch, Renault's entry-level car received over 25,000 bookings. A month later, the bookings had swelled to over 50,000. The Renault Kwid is available in four trims-Std, RxE, RxL and RxT. With a ARAI rated fuel efficiency of 25.17kmpl, it's easy to understand why new car buyers are getting drawn to the Renault Kwid. Apart from this there are a few other good bits too.
The crossover styling makes it stand out amongst its entry-level hatchback peers. Also, unlike it's competitors the top Renault Kwid trim comes equipped with a touchscreen multimedia system with navigation.
The suspension soaks up bumps like that of a bigger, more expensive car and the cabin offers an impressive amount of room for the driver as well as passenger. The icing on the cake is the class-leading 300 litres of boot space and 180mm of ground clearance. Considering the Kwid's unique proposition, new car buyers in the sub Rs 4 lakh segment don't seem to be getting enough of this hatchback that apes an SUV.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.51 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review