Renault Kwid gets over 85,000 bookings in India
The Renault Kwid has received over 85,000 bookings since its launch on September 24, 2015. Priced at Rs 2.56 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base trim, the Renault Kwid competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon. Under the hood, the Renault Kwid gets a 799cc 3-cylinder DOHC motor producing 54PS of power and 74Nm of torque.
Around two weeks after its launch, Renault's entry-level car received over 25,000 bookings. A month later, the bookings had swelled to over 50,000. The Renault Kwid is available in four trims-Std, RxE, RxL and RxT. With a ARAI rated fuel efficiency of 25.17kmpl, it's easy to understand why new car buyers are getting drawn to the Renault Kwid. Apart from this there are a few other good bits too.
The crossover styling makes it stand out amongst its entry-level hatchback peers. Also, unlike it's competitors the top Renault Kwid trim comes equipped with a touchscreen multimedia system with navigation.
The suspension soaks up bumps like that of a bigger, more expensive car and the cabin offers an impressive amount of room for the driver as well as passenger. The icing on the cake is the class-leading 300 litres of boot space and 180mm of ground clearance. Considering the Kwid's unique proposition, new car buyers in the sub Rs 4 lakh segment don't seem to be getting enough of this hatchback that apes an SUV.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India