Spied: Renault Kwid testing in Chennai ahead of its launch in India
The soon-to-be launched Renault Kwid was recently spotted testing in Chennai. This entry level hatchback is based on the CMF-A platform that is a result of the Renault-Nissan collaboration. It will run an 800cc four-valve three-cylinder petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. There's talk of an AMT in the pipeline too. The car will be offered with up-market features such as a Bluetooth connectivity and a seven-inch integrated touchscreen infotainment system seen in the Lodgy and Duster.
This car is said to have been developed specifically for India. Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chairman and group CEO, stated that safety was a key area of focus while they were developing this car and hence it would meet all regulatory norms. Renault has confirmed that the Kwid will get airbags as an option.
Renault is targeting rivals such as the Hyundai Eon and the current market leader, the Maruti Suzuki Alto. We expect the ex-showroom prices to be around Rs 3-4 lakh and the launch to happen in the festive season between September and November.
Source: Indian Autos Blog
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- FeaturesAge of the smart car: Simplifying connected technology
- OpinionIs the Government of India unfair to the auto industry?
- News2020 Mahindra Thar to be launched on October 2, 2020
- NewsMercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV to be launched in India on October 8
- NewsKTM RC series gets new colours, prices remain unchanged