Spied: Renault Kwid testing in Chennai ahead of its launch in India
The soon-to-be launched Renault Kwid was recently spotted testing in Chennai. This entry level hatchback is based on the CMF-A platform that is a result of the Renault-Nissan collaboration. It will run an 800cc four-valve three-cylinder petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. There's talk of an AMT in the pipeline too. The car will be offered with up-market features such as a Bluetooth connectivity and a seven-inch integrated touchscreen infotainment system seen in the Lodgy and Duster.
This car is said to have been developed specifically for India. Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chairman and group CEO, stated that safety was a key area of focus while they were developing this car and hence it would meet all regulatory norms. Renault has confirmed that the Kwid will get airbags as an option.
Renault is targeting rivals such as the Hyundai Eon and the current market leader, the Maruti Suzuki Alto. We expect the ex-showroom prices to be around Rs 3-4 lakh and the launch to happen in the festive season between September and November.
Source: Indian Autos Blog
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review