Renault Kwid to be launched in India on September 24
After opening bookings of the much-awaited Renault Kwid, the company will announce prices of the hatchback on September 24, 2015.
The Renault Kwid was first showcased as a concept at last year's Auto Expo. This year Renault India gave a global premiere to the production form in Chennai. The car looks like a mini-SUV with an imposing presence for a hatchback. It will be available in four trims with the top-spec boasting an optional driver airbag, a touchscreen infotainment system, 13-inch wheels with wheel caps, front fog lamps, USB and aux input and many more.
Powering the Renault Kwid is an all-new 800cc motor that makes 54PS and 72Nm. It is mated to a new 5-speed manual gearbox. Renault claims a class leading 25.17kmpl fuel efficiency for the Kwid hatchback. While the company hasn't said anything yet, we expect them to launch the Kwid with an AMT at a later date.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Renault Kwid click on links below:
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350