Renault Kwid to be launched in India on September 24
After opening bookings of the much-awaited Renault Kwid, the company will announce prices of the hatchback on September 24, 2015.
The Renault Kwid was first showcased as a concept at last year's Auto Expo. This year Renault India gave a global premiere to the production form in Chennai. The car looks like a mini-SUV with an imposing presence for a hatchback. It will be available in four trims with the top-spec boasting an optional driver airbag, a touchscreen infotainment system, 13-inch wheels with wheel caps, front fog lamps, USB and aux input and many more.
Powering the Renault Kwid is an all-new 800cc motor that makes 54PS and 72Nm. It is mated to a new 5-speed manual gearbox. Renault claims a class leading 25.17kmpl fuel efficiency for the Kwid hatchback. While the company hasn't said anything yet, we expect them to launch the Kwid with an AMT at a later date.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Renault Kwid click on links below:
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India