Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
With this partnership, cars will use Android to give users access to Google Maps, automotive apps on the Google Play Store, the ability to answer calls and texts, control media, find information, and manage vehicle functions with voice using the built in Google Assistant.
Each brand will be able to create a unique user interface and specific features on top of the common Android platform. There will also be the integration of Google applications and services into infotainment and cloud-based systems. An Alliance Intelligent Cloud system will also be rolled out to provide next-generation infotainment systems with secure connectivity by offering a platform to integrate data management, infotainment systems and facilitate over-the-air upgrades and remote diagnostics.
The plan also involves the launch of 12 new zero-emission electric vehicles and new autonomous-driving technologies.
The goal is to be able to leverage Google and Android's capabilities to access an ecosystem that includes thousands of existing applications and an ever-expanding array of new apps. This integration, combined with the broad knowledge and a vibrant community of developers, will enable easy in-vehicle access to popular applications. The system will also be compatible with devices running other operating systems, such as Apple iOS.
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like