Renault-Nissans Chennai plant rolls out one millionth vehicle in India
The Renault Nissan Alliance Plant in Oragadam, near Chennai has achieved the milestone of manufacturing the one millionth vehicle. The one millionth vehicle was a left-hand drive Nissan Micra that will get exported to a foreign country. The company invited a select few journalists to witness the landmark vehicle roll off the production line. Coincidently, the first vehicle to be manufactured at the plant was also a Nissan Micra.
The company also made an official announcement that the third Datsun branded vehicle, will be produced at this plant. Speaking to OVERDRIVE, Colin MacDonald, managing director of the plant said that the manufacturing of the production version of the redi-Go concept will begin by sometime around March or April this year.
Speaking on the occasion, Christian Mardrus, Chairman of Nissan's Africa, Middle East and India region, said, "Our Chennai facility has and will continue to play a fundamental role in the development of our business in India. Today's milestone reflects the popularity of Nissan and Renault products in India and export markets, as well as the skill and dedication of our staff. It is also a measure of the high level of support we have enjoyed from the Tamil Nadu Government."
The Chennai plant has an annual production capacity of 4.8 lakh units and is the alliance's largest manufacturing facility globally. It caters to both domestic and international markets and has exported over 6 lakh units to 106 countries since it began operational in 2010.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India