Renault RBC MPV to launch in India by July 2019
In an interview with a news outlet, Renault CEO, Venkatram Mamillapalle has stated that the upcoming Kwid-based MPV from Renault will launch in India by July 2019. This is one of three new launches that the company has planned till 2020.
Another car after the Renault RBC will launch by 2019, followed by one more in 2020. These launches are in line with the company's goal of doubling sales volume to 150,000 units in three years. Also following are facelifts for the Kwid and Duster.
The RBC will be based on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that underpins the Renault Kwid. The wheelbase will be longer than the Kwid's and we expect a slight increase in width as well. The front and rear overhangs are quite short in an attempt to maximise interior space. While the car is wrapped thoroughly in camouflage paper a close look gives an idea of what the frontend would look like. The headlamps, for instance, appear to be quite large, flanking the cascading grille with the Renault lozenge in the centre. The top variant will get LED DRLs that have been placed above the fog-lamps. The interior should be similar to the Kwid's with a similar set of equipment as well.
Power will most probably come from the Kwid's 1.0-litre three-cylinder motor which makes 68PS and 91Nm, paired with a 5-speed manual or AMT. Although, it might also make sense for Renault to equip the car with the 1.2-petrol from the Renault-Nissan line. This engine powers the Micra and puts out 77PS and 104Nm. Also, given the more heavy-hauling, this car is expected to do, a reworked diesel unit based on the 1.5-litre K9K motor would make perfect sense.
The Kwid had impressed buyers with its space, feature list and value. The new MPV will hope to be as appealing, given that the company's recent record with bigger vehicles like the Lodgy and Captur hasn't been ideal.
Image Source: Team-BHP
News Source: ET
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block