Renault rolls out its two millionth vehicle in Brazil
Renault reached a major milestone in a country far away from home. The French manufacturer who has two plants in Brazil reached the 200 million production mark. The South American country is Renault's second biggest market and both the plants are located in the town of Curitiba.
The new Logan became the 2,000,000th vehicle to be built in the complex in 15 years
Having started 15 years back when the first plant was opened on December 1995, Renault has made its presence felt in the country industrially becoming Brazil's fifth largest carmaker. The news also comes as an encouragement for the management who have announced a healthy investment of 500 million dollars for the 2014-2019 period for the plants in Brazil. The investment will see the development of two new cars at the Ayrton Senna industrial complex, which houses the two plants. "Since 2011, Brazil is the brand's second largest market after France and it is a priority in the Group's global growth strategy", says Carlos Ghosn, Renault Group chairman and chief executive.
Renault rolls out its two millionth vehicle in Brazil press release
|The two Renault plants (PC and LCV) making up the Ayrton Senna complex in Curitiba (Brazil) have reached a production landmark. A New Logan built today became the 2,000,000th vehicle built by the complex in fifteen years. Fifteen years ago in December 1998, Renault opened its first plant in Brazil. Since then, the Group has continuously developed its industrial presence in this country. This symbolic production figure reflects the success of Renault vehicles in Brazil, where brand development has outpaced the market in recent years. Brazil is now Renault's second biggest market, behind France. The Group is aiming for market share of 8% in 2016. ENDS|
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show