Renault rolls out millionth Kangoo from its Maubeuge plant in France
Renault has rolled out the millionth Kangoo from its production facility in Maubeuge in France. The milestone vehicle will be delivered to a retail customer in Japan . The van is available with a choice of three different sizes, Kangoo Compact, Kangoo Express and Kangoo Maxi.
Speaking about the milestone, Jose Martin Vega, director, Renault Maubeuge said, "Kangoo continues to appeal to a diverse clientele of both business and retail customers in all its markets. Our entire plant is proud to celebrate this new production landmark, which confirms our ability to meet customer expectations in terms of quality and lead times."
The first generation Kangoo was introduced in 1997. It underwent its first facelift in 2003. The Kangoo was then completely redesigned in 2007. In all, Renault has built over 3.2 million units since 1998.
Renault produces its entire range of light commercial vehicles in France.
THE MILLIONTH KANGOO ROLLS OUT OF RENAULT'S MAUBEUGE PLANT
|Renault's Maubeuge plant in Northern France has produced its millionth second-generation Kangoo The future owner of the millionth Kangoo will be a retail customer in Japan Over 3.2 million Kangoos built since 1998 Renault's Maubeuge plant has produced its millionth second-generation Kangoo. Initially released in 1998 and then redesigned in 2007, the Kangoo is available in a choice of three sizes the Kangoo Compact, Kangoo Express and Kangoo Maxi as well as an electric version, the Kangoo Z.E. Since launching in 1998, over 3.2 million first- and second-generation Kangoos have been produced. Jose Martin Vega, Director, Renault Maubeuge commented: "Kangoo continues to appeal to a diverse clientele of both business and retail customers in all its markets. Our entire plant is proud to celebrate this new production landmark, which confirms our ability to meet customer expectations in terms of quality and lead times." Renault's entire range of light commercial vehicles is made in France. The Trafic and Master vans are manufactured at the Group's Sandouville and Batilly plants, respectively, illustrating the know-how and competitiveness of its French production sites. The Maubeuge facility also produces the Mercedes-Benz Citan for Renault's partner, Daimler. Renault UK's van sales increased significantly in 2015 to 25,458 vehicles up 39.5 per cent compared to 2014 and significantly outpaced the UK van market which grew by of 15.5 per cent. Renault van full-year market share stood at 6.7 per cent up 1.2 percentage points on 2014.|
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018