Renault rolls out millionth Kangoo from its Maubeuge plant in France
Renault has rolled out the millionth Kangoo from its production facility in Maubeuge in France. The milestone vehicle will be delivered to a retail customer in Japan . The van is available with a choice of three different sizes, Kangoo Compact, Kangoo Express and Kangoo Maxi.
Speaking about the milestone, Jose Martin Vega, director, Renault Maubeuge said, "Kangoo continues to appeal to a diverse clientele of both business and retail customers in all its markets. Our entire plant is proud to celebrate this new production landmark, which confirms our ability to meet customer expectations in terms of quality and lead times."
The first generation Kangoo was introduced in 1997. It underwent its first facelift in 2003. The Kangoo was then completely redesigned in 2007. In all, Renault has built over 3.2 million units since 1998.
Renault produces its entire range of light commercial vehicles in France.
THE MILLIONTH KANGOO ROLLS OUT OF RENAULT'S MAUBEUGE PLANT
|Renault's Maubeuge plant in Northern France has produced its millionth second-generation Kangoo The future owner of the millionth Kangoo will be a retail customer in Japan Over 3.2 million Kangoos built since 1998 Renault's Maubeuge plant has produced its millionth second-generation Kangoo. Initially released in 1998 and then redesigned in 2007, the Kangoo is available in a choice of three sizes the Kangoo Compact, Kangoo Express and Kangoo Maxi as well as an electric version, the Kangoo Z.E. Since launching in 1998, over 3.2 million first- and second-generation Kangoos have been produced. Jose Martin Vega, Director, Renault Maubeuge commented: "Kangoo continues to appeal to a diverse clientele of both business and retail customers in all its markets. Our entire plant is proud to celebrate this new production landmark, which confirms our ability to meet customer expectations in terms of quality and lead times." Renault's entire range of light commercial vehicles is made in France. The Trafic and Master vans are manufactured at the Group's Sandouville and Batilly plants, respectively, illustrating the know-how and competitiveness of its French production sites. The Maubeuge facility also produces the Mercedes-Benz Citan for Renault's partner, Daimler. Renault UK's van sales increased significantly in 2015 to 25,458 vehicles up 39.5 per cent compared to 2014 and significantly outpaced the UK van market which grew by of 15.5 per cent. Renault van full-year market share stood at 6.7 per cent up 1.2 percentage points on 2014.|
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907