Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept teased ahead of Frankfurt debut
French automaker Renault has teased its Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept through a short video, a week before the concept is revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017 in Germany. The Renault Symbioz EV concept represents Renault's vision of autonomous, electric and connected mobility in the future. With this concept, Renault will showcase what it sees as the car for 2030. Renault had previously shown its Renault Trezor concept at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The Renault Symbioz EV concept's name seems taken from the word symbiosis, which means interdependent existence, and also indicates that the concept car will have connected mobility as a theme.
Screengrab from the teaser video of Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept
The teaser shows a rear three-quarters view of the Renault Symbioz EV concept. From the teaser, we can gauge that the Symbioz EV will be a three-door car, with what appears to be a glass canopy roof. If the latter part is true, then the Renault Symbioz could also have an interesting door opening mechanism. The rear also features elongated LED taillamps. With the Renault Symbioz EV, the French company intends to showcase its efforts towards autonomous electric vehicle technology. Most major manufacturers are currently developing their autonomous mobility systems. The Renault Symbioz will be revealed by Thierry Bollore, chief competitive officer, Groupe Renault, and Laurens van den Acker, senior VP of its corporate design.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers