Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept teased ahead of Frankfurt debut
French automaker Renault has teased its Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept through a short video, a week before the concept is revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017 in Germany. The Renault Symbioz EV concept represents Renault's vision of autonomous, electric and connected mobility in the future. With this concept, Renault will showcase what it sees as the car for 2030. Renault had previously shown its Renault Trezor concept at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The Renault Symbioz EV concept's name seems taken from the word symbiosis, which means interdependent existence, and also indicates that the concept car will have connected mobility as a theme.
Screengrab from the teaser video of Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept
The teaser shows a rear three-quarters view of the Renault Symbioz EV concept. From the teaser, we can gauge that the Symbioz EV will be a three-door car, with what appears to be a glass canopy roof. If the latter part is true, then the Renault Symbioz could also have an interesting door opening mechanism. The rear also features elongated LED taillamps. With the Renault Symbioz EV, the French company intends to showcase its efforts towards autonomous electric vehicle technology. Most major manufacturers are currently developing their autonomous mobility systems. The Renault Symbioz will be revealed by Thierry Bollore, chief competitive officer, Groupe Renault, and Laurens van den Acker, senior VP of its corporate design.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000