Renault to reduce NOx emissions from its diesel engines in 2016
Renault has released an official statement commenting that it will be taking steps towards reducing Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions from its diesel engine vehicles. The emission reducing measures will be implemented from July 2016 in the new vehicles being manufactured at Renault's factories which need to comply with Euro 6b emission norms. The company has also stated that for those individuals who already own a Renault diesel vehicle, the company will carry out modifications free of cost from October 2016.
In January 2016, Renault's offices located in France had been raided by the French government's anti-fraud investigators, as a part of their ongoing probe into vehicle emissions. After the raids, French energy minister Segolene Royal had stated that during the preliminary tests, emissions from Renault's diesel vehicles along with vehicles from some other automobile brands, were found to exceed the permissible limits.
Ever since the ongoing Volkswagen emission scandal came to light, automobile companies have come under immense scrutiny from government agencies across the globe. The French government had started conducting their own investigation into the Volkswagen emission scandal in September last year.
Subsequently, they started investigating vehicles across all models and makes and vehicles were being randomly checked to find out if any difference existed between emissions during lab testing and in the real world. During the probe, 100 randomly chosen vehicles were tested and this included 25 Renault models.
More from OVERDRIVE on the vehicle emissions probe
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6