Renault XBA compact hatchback to be unveiled in India on May 20, 2015
Renault India have big plans for the Indian market. After having tasted success with the Renault Duster and now with the Lodgy, the company is gearing up to get into the volumes market. Renault India is betting big on its compact hatchback, codenamed XBA. The Renault XBA has been spotted doing the rounds in India many times, however in camouflage. This time, that is on May 20, 2015, it will have its world premiere in India, sans any camouflage.
The Renault XBA (there are online reports which suggest the name to be similar to the Japanese word 'Kayou' which essentially means commute) is based on the all-new platform (CMF) developed by the Renault-Nissan alliance. The Commonand is similar in concept to Volkswagen's MQB module. It is in fact a manufacturing system that one can apply to different vehicles within the Renault family with interchangeable modules like electronics, dashboard and engine bay. These modules even cover different vehicle segments including hatchbacks, sedans and even SUVs. An example of a hatchback was showcased at the Auto. The XBA is expected to be a premium version and is based on the same CMF-A platform.
Renault's XBA will be a competitor to the Maruti Alto 800, Hyundai Eon and even the Datsun Go. It will have a tall boy design for maximum space utilization, borrows bits and parts from other Renault cars and have decent interior quality. Renault is expected to use an all-new 1.0-litre three cylinder petrol motor in the XBA. This engine is expected to make around 50PS of power and will initially be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with an AMT scheduled for a future launch. The car will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan alliance's plant in Oragadam. Expect it to be priced around the Rs 2.5 lakh mark when it goes on sale shortly after its unveiling.
Image source: Motor Vikatan
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery