Ricky Donison to compete in 2017 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship
Indian driver Ricky Donison has been signed by Cape Motorsports to compete in the 2017 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship. The driver will be sponsored by JK Tyre for the entire season. Donison has become the first Indian driver to compete in USF2000 Championship.
For Donison, the big challenge will be adapting to racing single seaters. While he has been crowned national karting champion in the senior class three times, the Indian driver has limited experience racing single seaters, having only competed in the Euro JK cars (the erstwhile Formula BMW machines) in 2016.
The learning curve will have to be steep if Donison is meant to do well in the 2017 season. With testing already underway, and the first round at St Petersburg fast approaching, he has his work cut out for him.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition unveiled, limited to 1000 units worldwide
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Baja Designs XL80 auxiliary lights
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)