Rider line-up for TVS Ladies One Make Series 2018 announced
Seventeen women riders have been selected for the TVS Ladies One Make Series 2018. The women riders have been chosen after two rounds of selection that were conducted by TVS Racing. The riders were judged on lap times, fitness and racing abilities.
Seventeen riders have been selected to be part of the 2018 TVS One Make Ladies Race championship
The first round of selection took place in Mumbai, with 38 riders competing for a slot in the final selection round. The second selection round was held in Bangalore, with 37 riders aiming to make it to the finals. The finals were held at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai, where 40 riders took to the track astride TVS Apache RTR 200s, which is where the final 17 riders were chosen. These 17 riders will compete in the 2018 TVS Ladies One Make Series, which comprises five races held as a support class in the two-wheeler National Racing Championship. Ahead of the races, they will be trained by TVS Racing Champions in a bid to hone their race skills.
Commenting on the occasion, B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said, "We introduced an all-women racing academy in 2016 with a focus on training and equipping talented women racers to enter the mainstream racing arena. With each passing year, I am delighted to see the increasing number of participants for the training and selection process which is a testimony to our effort of creating a democratic space for motorsports in India. The 2018 team looks promising and I am confident that the rigour and spirit, which they brought to the selection rounds will translate in superior performance on the race track."
TVS LADIES ONE MAKE SERIES - FINAL 17
Supriya B S
Damini Sanjay Gawade
Haritha Murali Krishna
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories