Rider line-up for TVS Ladies One Make Series 2018 announced
Seventeen women riders have been selected for the TVS Ladies One Make Series 2018. The women riders have been chosen after two rounds of selection that were conducted by TVS Racing. The riders were judged on lap times, fitness and racing abilities.
Seventeen riders have been selected to be part of the 2018 TVS One Make Ladies Race championship
The first round of selection took place in Mumbai, with 38 riders competing for a slot in the final selection round. The second selection round was held in Bangalore, with 37 riders aiming to make it to the finals. The finals were held at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai, where 40 riders took to the track astride TVS Apache RTR 200s, which is where the final 17 riders were chosen. These 17 riders will compete in the 2018 TVS Ladies One Make Series, which comprises five races held as a support class in the two-wheeler National Racing Championship. Ahead of the races, they will be trained by TVS Racing Champions in a bid to hone their race skills.
Commenting on the occasion, B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said, "We introduced an all-women racing academy in 2016 with a focus on training and equipping talented women racers to enter the mainstream racing arena. With each passing year, I am delighted to see the increasing number of participants for the training and selection process which is a testimony to our effort of creating a democratic space for motorsports in India. The 2018 team looks promising and I am confident that the rigour and spirit, which they brought to the selection rounds will translate in superior performance on the race track."
TVS LADIES ONE MAKE SERIES - FINAL 17
Supriya B S
Damini Sanjay Gawade
Haritha Murali Krishna
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000