Rimac Automobili teases second-gen electric hypercar for 2018 to beat Tesla Roadster 2
Rimac Automobili is working on a second-generation electric hypercar which will be unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. This new electric hypercar will succeed the already bonkers Rimac Concept One electric hypercar which has taken on and destroyed the Porsche 918, Bugatti Veyron, and the Ferrari LaFerrari, among other hypercars, in standing-start drag races. Now, the second-gen Rimac hypercar has been teased with a silhouette of its profile. The styling on the new Rimac electric hypercar, from what we can tell, appears restrained but sleeker than the Rimac Concept One. Dimensionally, the new Rimac hypercar also appears smaller than the Concept One, which in the real world will mean better usability. Rimac has dropped this teaser image just weeks after Elon Musk unveiled the new Tesla Roadster 2 alongside the Tesla Semi and touted the new Roadster as potentially the fastest production car.
Rimac, meanwhile, has teased what could be a production prototype of its new-gen electric hypercar at the least. Small details such as door shut lines, visible mirrors give that away. The new Rimac hypercar also sports a rear wing, possibly for active aero, as well as a deep front splitter. The teaser comes on the back of the Croatian hypercar maker's tie-up with Camel Inc, Asia's largest battery maker and supplier, which means that this new model will also bring new electric tech with it.
While we all wait to see this giant killer fully revealed and in action, here is a video of some of the giants its predecessor has already slain in drag races:
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh