Rolls-Royce confirms plans to build an SUV
After scores of rumours floating around, Rolls-Royce have just confirmed that they're joining the SUV bandwagon. They've released a statement that doesn't say much beyond the fact that it is building a car that will be "effortless everywhere". Chief executive of Rolls-Royce, Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes stated that they are building an all new, "high-bodied Rolls-Royce designed to satisfy the contemporary, highly mobile lifestyles of our discerning clients around the world." Which roughly translates to Rolls-Royce building an SUV for wealthy customers willing to pay any sum of money for what will undoubtedly be the last word in luxury in the SUV world.
Rolls-Royce have stated that they will be revealing the name of the SUV as it draws closer to completion. Naturally Rolls do not believe words like Sports and Utility belong in their vocabulary so expect them to come up with much more sophisticated nomenclature for the machine they build.
For now, the only concrete information we have is that the vehicle will be built on an all-new aluminium chassis that will be unique to Rolls-Royce. Besides that, you can expect the highest levels of luxury and opulence in this cabin, probably at the same level as the Phantom or perhaps even beyond.
This news comes soon after Bentley, perhaps Rolls-Royce's closest competitor in the luxury car business revealed some details and the name of their upcoming SUV. To be named the Bentayga, the Bentley SUV will feature a W12 engine and will be one of the fastest SUVs in the world. Lamborghini simultaneously is hard at work on the Urus, that promises to take the SUV to unseen levels of performance in the segment. Great time to be super wealthy and looking for an SUV
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6