Rolls-Royce Phantom with new isolated rear cabin revealed
Rolls-Royce has revealed a new, more private rear cabin for its extended wheelbase Phantom luxury limousine. The Rolls-Royce Phantom with this new Privacy Suite has been revealed at the Chengdu Motor Show. With this, the rear compartment is sectioned off from the front seats using an electrochromatic glass behind the driver's seat. Passengers can press a button to turn the glass opaque and draw the window curtains to keep prying eyes away for complete privacy. In addition to visual distance, the privacy suite also cuts out sound from the rear cabin.
Communication between the passenger and driver takes place through an intercom system. Passengers can call the driver any time, while if the driver calls the cabin, the passenger has the option of receiving the call or not.
There is also a large hatch to allow for passing of documents and other material to the driver, which can only be controlled from the rear cabin. The Privacy Suite also features a theatre system with two 12-inch monitors that can also be connected to a smartphone.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil