Rolls-Royce Power Systems ties up with Force Motors in India
Force Motors has tied up with Rolls-Royce Power Systems in India for producing engines for railway application as well as power generation. Under this new joint venture, Force Motors will manufacture the power generation systems as well as the associated spare parts for Indian and global markets. Under the new venture, Force Motors is likely to build a new facility within its existing factory in Chakan, Pune.
The Force uses a 86PS 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed gearbox
Force Motors contract manufactures engines for premium manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes in India. There is also another facility that the Pune-based manufacturer has in Chennai which caters to BMW. For its own vehicles, Force Motors uses a generation-old Mercedes-Benz engines. Recently Force Motors launched a refreshed BS-IV version of the Gurkha and it comes in both 3-door as well as 5-door versions. It uses a 86PS/230Nm 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed manual. The Force Gurkha uses a multi-link suspension at the rear and a independent front. Force Motors doesn't offers ABS or airbags in this Gurkha even as an option. We found the Force Gurkha to be one hell of a beast off-road, perhaps the best in the country today!
Starts Rs 8.38 Lakhs
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled
- FeaturesProduct review: Alpinestars Sonoran Drystar pants
- NewsMercedes-Benz's EQ sub-brand to play a major role in company's electric future