Rolls-Royce Power Systems ties up with Force Motors in India
Force Motors has tied up with Rolls-Royce Power Systems in India for producing engines for railway application as well as power generation. Under this new joint venture, Force Motors will manufacture the power generation systems as well as the associated spare parts for Indian and global markets. Under the new venture, Force Motors is likely to build a new facility within its existing factory in Chakan, Pune.
The Force uses a 86PS 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed gearbox
Force Motors contract manufactures engines for premium manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes in India. There is also another facility that the Pune-based manufacturer has in Chennai which caters to BMW. For its own vehicles, Force Motors uses a generation-old Mercedes-Benz engines. Recently Force Motors launched a refreshed BS-IV version of the Gurkha and it comes in both 3-door as well as 5-door versions. It uses a 86PS/230Nm 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed manual. The Force Gurkha uses a multi-link suspension at the rear and a independent front. Force Motors doesn't offers ABS or airbags in this Gurkha even as an option. We found the Force Gurkha to be one hell of a beast off-road, perhaps the best in the country today!
Starts Rs 9.15 Lakhs
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh