Rolls-Royce Project Cullinan SUV starts testing
Rolls-Royce had announced earlier this year that they will be building an off-road vehicle much like what Bentley has already done. Now, the British luxury car manufacturer has released images of its new SUV, which it calls Project Cullinan. The company says that while this is a test prototype, it will depict the size but not the design of its upcoming SUV.
Project Cullinan is based on an Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II platform, albeit a shortened version. Rolls-Royce says this prototype has been created to develop the SUV's all-wheel drive capabilities. The company also claims that its new all-wheel drive suspension will help create the same effect that Rolls cars are known for even off-road. The initial tests will focus on the on-road capabilities starting as early as a couple of weeks in Rolls' test facility and public roads.
It is expected that Rolls-Royce Project Cullinan will use the company's acclaimed engines and even a hybrid powertrain for that matter. Like all Rolls-Royce cars, even this one will come with an eye-popping price tag. The new Rolls-Royce SUV is expected to be launched in late 2016 or early 2017.
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship