Rolls-Royce Project Cullinan SUV starts testing
Rolls-Royce had announced earlier this year that they will be building an off-road vehicle much like what Bentley has already done. Now, the British luxury car manufacturer has released images of its new SUV, which it calls Project Cullinan. The company says that while this is a test prototype, it will depict the size but not the design of its upcoming SUV.
Project Cullinan is based on an Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II platform, albeit a shortened version. Rolls-Royce says this prototype has been created to develop the SUV's all-wheel drive capabilities. The company also claims that its new all-wheel drive suspension will help create the same effect that Rolls cars are known for even off-road. The initial tests will focus on the on-road capabilities starting as early as a couple of weeks in Rolls' test facility and public roads.
It is expected that Rolls-Royce Project Cullinan will use the company's acclaimed engines and even a hybrid powertrain for that matter. Like all Rolls-Royce cars, even this one will come with an eye-popping price tag. The new Rolls-Royce SUV is expected to be launched in late 2016 or early 2017.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X