Rolls-Royce to launch the Dawn in India in June, 2016
The Rolls Royce Dawn will be launched in India in the month of June, 2016. We expect the car to be priced from Rs 6 crore onwards. There's an array of customisation options which will drive the on-road price up. The Dawn is, essentially, the Wraith without a permanent roof, but knowing Rolls Royce, there's quite a lot of engineering that's gone into designing and developing the Dawn.
The Goodwood, England based manufacturer says the Dawn is the most silent convertible ever. With the roof up it's almost as quiet as the Wraith. The roof retracting process is dead silent too. The whole process takes 22 seconds and can take place even when on the move, albeit upto 50kmph only. We got an exclusive drive and needless to say, were truly stunned with the craftsmanship, attention to detail and luxury. The dawn gets a 6.6-litre V12 engine that develops 570PS and 780Nm. It gets the Wraith's satellite aided transmission system that monitors the upcoming road conditions using GPS, and preps up the gearbox to shift up/down. The interiors are finished in some of the finest materials. It has a modern infotainment system with a BMW borrowed i-Drive system.
Read our exclusive first drive review of the Rolls-Royce Dawn and discover the car.
Starts Rs 6.25 Crore
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block