Rolls-Royce to launch the Dawn in India in June, 2016
The Rolls Royce Dawn will be launched in India in the month of June, 2016. We expect the car to be priced from Rs 6 crore onwards. There's an array of customisation options which will drive the on-road price up. The Dawn is, essentially, the Wraith without a permanent roof, but knowing Rolls Royce, there's quite a lot of engineering that's gone into designing and developing the Dawn.
The Goodwood, England based manufacturer says the Dawn is the most silent convertible ever. With the roof up it's almost as quiet as the Wraith. The roof retracting process is dead silent too. The whole process takes 22 seconds and can take place even when on the move, albeit upto 50kmph only. We got an exclusive drive and needless to say, were truly stunned with the craftsmanship, attention to detail and luxury. The dawn gets a 6.6-litre V12 engine that develops 570PS and 780Nm. It gets the Wraith's satellite aided transmission system that monitors the upcoming road conditions using GPS, and preps up the gearbox to shift up/down. The interiors are finished in some of the finest materials. It has a modern infotainment system with a BMW borrowed i-Drive system.
Read our exclusive first drive review of the Rolls-Royce Dawn and discover the car.
Starts Rs 6.25 Crore
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6