Rolls-Royce to launch the new Phantom before the Cullinan
Rolls-Royce will launch the new generation Phantom that will utilise the company's newly developed space frame architecture. The new age car construction technology was conceived, originally, for the new crossover- the Rolls-Royce Cullinan which is currently under development. The new generation Phantom will be introduced before the new crossover. In fact, all new generation Rolls-Royce cars will feature the space frame design.
Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes, CEO, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars had announced that production of the current generation Phantom will be stopped this year. He also added that, the Phantom Coupe and Drophead Coupe's production will end by November 2016. The Rolls-Royce Phantom is the flagship product of the British car maker for many years. Its size, timeless lines, opulent interiors and an array of customisation options made it a unique choice for the uber rich.
Sixty craftsmen are required to build a single Phantom. The paint process itself is mindboggling. It takes seven days and five coats of paint and high-gloss lacquer to finish it off. After this, the body is polished by hand for five hours. The bespoke interiors too require similar talent and time.
Rolls-Royce sells the Phantom in India and it will bring in the all-new car here as well. Watch this space for a detailed drive report.
Starts Rs 7.5 Crore
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018