Rolls-Royce Wraith convertible spotted testing
The Rolls-Royce Wraith Coupe is just over a year old, revealed at the Geneva Motor Show last year. A few months after, Rolls Royce CEO Torsten Muller-Otvos confirmed that a Wraith convertible was in the works and that it would launch in 2015. That is the car which has been caught testing near BMW's headquarters in Munich.
The heavy camouflage might indicate an upcoming face-lift to the Wraith coupe as well
Even though the car is under heavy camouflage, one can notice the conventional Wraith styling cues, especially the gently sloping roof line and the redesigned roof despite the plastic rear windshield on this test mule. As you can imagine, the convertible will be almost identical to the Wraith coupe with the exception of the fixed roof. The car will use the same twin-turbo 6.6 litre V12 that develops 632PS and 800Nm of torque sent to the rear wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Though it is a convertible, the sloping roof-line is maintained really well
The Wraith will most likely get the 'Drophead' moniker which is passed down from its bigger cousin, the Phantom Drophead Coupe. Otherwise, the car might get its own bespoke name. We can expect to see the car launch sometime next year.
The Wraith soft-top will compete with the Bentley Continental GT and the upcoming Mercedes Benz S-Class Cabriolet. However, it will be significantly more expensive than both with a price tag set to be around Rs 4.7 to 5 crores ex-shrowroom.
Photos courtesy: Carscoops
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Starts Rs 7.5 Crore
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019