Royal Enfield 650 twin based LockStock Dragster 650 unveiled
The Royal Enfield 650 Twins have been one of the most anticipated motorcycles not just in India but globally, considering RE's popularity and also this being the Indian brand's first large displacement motorcycle. While there is still some time before you see one of those in India, a custom motorcycle called the LockStock Dragster 650 was unveiled at the Bike Shed Motorcycle Club in London.
Royal Enfield had already released a teaser video of the one-off custom motorcycle earlier. The LockStock Dragster 650 is powered by the all-new 650cc twin that will be offered in the Continental GT and the Interceptor 650 Twin. The 4-valves per cylinder SOHC fuel-injected engine will make 47PS of peak power at 7,100rpm and 52Nm at 4,000rpm. Compression in a reasonable 9.5:1. The one that comes in the custom motorcycle will obviously make a lot more in terms of power and torque. The exact specifications of the same have not been released.
In a social post, the company states, "the LockStock is a performance powerhouse made to take on the drag strip, burn some serious rubber and create a lot of noise."
From the looks of it, the Lock Stock 650 retains the cafe racer fuel tank and the engine from the Continental GT 650 Twin. However, it gets an all-new frame, drag-spec tyres and drop-bar handlebar, distinct body panels and a unique headlight with LED ring. Additionally, it gets a short riding seat and a nitrox oxide cylinder placed behind the engine. We believe the LockStock Dragster 650 will be one crazy offering with an insane top speed. What's your guess? Let us know in the comments section below
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...