Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS launched in India at Rs 1.87 lakh
Royal Enfield has equipped the Bullet 500 with dual-channel ABS and has priced it at Rs 1.87 lakh. RE dealerships all across the country have already started accepting bookings for the Bullet 500 ABS and have confirmed deliveries by February 2019. The Chennai based motorcycle manufacturer has been steadily updating all its models with ABS which is in line with the Government's move of making two-wheelers with engines below 125cc to have CBS as standard while the one's above should have ABS by April 2019. The international-spec Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS was always available with ABS.
The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS does not get any visual upgrade from the previous. Available in Jet Black and Forest Green, the Bullet 500 comes with an old-school design with traditional cues seen on Royal Enfield motorcycles. Its bare basic design and the iconic thump is something that have always attracted the RE purists. The single cylinder, 4 stroke, twinspark 499cc engine makes 27.2PS at 5,250rpm and generates 41.3Nm at 4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a five-Speed constant mesh gearbox.
Importantly, Bullet, the quintessential Royal Enfield, is today the longest running motorcycle in history to be in continuous production. While most of the RE motorcycles are equipped with ABS, it is also the Classic 350, Bullet 350 and the 350 ES that have been given a miss. However, we believe, these motorcycles could get ABS in the coming months. The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 competes with the likes of UM Renegade Commando and the Renegade Mojave. Also, in the same price bracket, one can get the Mahindra Mojo XT300 and the KTM 250 Duke. Which among these would you choose? Let us know in the comments section below.
Starts Rs 1,30,764
Starts Rs 1,77,638
Starts Rs 1,48,520
Starts Rs 1,71,651
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip