Royal Enfield Classic 350 gunmetal grey and Classic 500 stealth black launched in India
A day after we reported that Royal Enfield is coming up with two new colours as well as change in specifications for its Classic line, the company has sent in an official release on the same. Royal Enfield has now launched the Classic 350 in a gunmetal grey colour and the Classic 500 in a stealth black colour. Both the motorcycles are priced at Rs 1.59 lakh and Rs 2.05 lakh on-road Chennai respectively. These prices are around Rs 10,000 more than the regular trims that come with a rear drum brake. Bookings for both the motorcycles will start from September 18, 2017 while deliveries are expect to commence shortly thereafter.
The Royal gets a stealth black colour and is priced Rs 10,000 more than the regular trim
Apart from the addition to the colour palette, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 gunmetal grey and Classic 500 stealth black get a rear disc brake as well as the swingarm from the Thunderbird. These changes are exclusive to the aforementioned motorcycles and do not apply to the other Classic 350/500 models. However, there are no changes to the engine - the fuel injected 20PS/28Nm 350cc single and the 27.2PS/41.3Nm 500cc Fi continue. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed unit.
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 available in gunmetal grey gets a new swingarm and rear disc brake
Both the Royal Enfield Classic models have been around for nearly 10 years. The company recently updated them with new colours, BS-IV compliance as well as AHO. With the new rules for mandatory two-wheeler ABS kicking in April 2018, expect Royal Enfield to next update the motorcycles around that time.
A report earlier today says that Royal Enfield is looking to acquire Ducati. You can read all about it here
Starts Rs 1,43,373
Starts Rs 1,84,457
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept