Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric motorcycle spotted in Thailand
A Royal Enfield Classic 500 with an electric motor has been spotted in Thailand. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric was put on display at a Royal Enfield dealership in Bangkok. While there has been no news from Royal Enfield about an electric motorcycle under development, this engine swap gives us an idea about what the motorcycle might look like if and when Royal Enfield actually launches its own electric bike. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 we have here has had its 500cc single cylinder swapped for a battery. To accommodate the battery pack and motor, slight alterations have been made, with a belt drive replacing the usual chain drive. The Royal Enfield Electric motorcycle also features a fully-digital display instead of the stock single analog meter. Back home, Royal Enfield recently auctioned 15 Classic 500 Stealth Black motorcycles which were ridden by NSG Commandos.
There are no details about the motor's specifications and output or the rating of the battery pack. Also, with the thumper replaced by a silent electric motor, will current Royal Enfield fans be happy with the loss of the signature thump? Do share with us your thoughts as to whether you would prefer this as the future of RE motorcycles. This is not the first such attempt, either. Earlier, a Royal Enfield customer in the UK had also converted his motorcycle into an electric.
Starts Rs 1,75,687
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option