Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric motorcycle spotted in Thailand
A Royal Enfield Classic 500 with an electric motor has been spotted in Thailand. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric was put on display at a Royal Enfield dealership in Bangkok. While there has been no news from Royal Enfield about an electric motorcycle under development, this engine swap gives us an idea about what the motorcycle might look like if and when Royal Enfield actually launches its own electric bike. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 we have here has had its 500cc single cylinder swapped for a battery. To accommodate the battery pack and motor, slight alterations have been made, with a belt drive replacing the usual chain drive. The Royal Enfield Electric motorcycle also features a fully-digital display instead of the stock single analog meter. Back home, Royal Enfield recently auctioned 15 Classic 500 Stealth Black motorcycles which were ridden by NSG Commandos.
There are no details about the motor's specifications and output or the rating of the battery pack. Also, with the thumper replaced by a silent electric motor, will current Royal Enfield fans be happy with the loss of the signature thump? Do share with us your thoughts as to whether you would prefer this as the future of RE motorcycles. This is not the first such attempt, either. Earlier, a Royal Enfield customer in the UK had also converted his motorcycle into an electric.
Starts Rs 1,58,274
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar
- NewsSuzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs. 2.2 lakhs after tax cut
- NewsHyundai Tucson Sport with 2.4 litre petrol motor launched in USA
- NewsRenault Experience Centre opens in Phoenix Market City, Mumbai
- NewsMV Agusta to discontinue F4 superbike after 2018
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- FeaturesProduct review: Shima RS-1 gloves
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts