Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric motorcycle spotted in Thailand
A Royal Enfield Classic 500 with an electric motor has been spotted in Thailand. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Electric was put on display at a Royal Enfield dealership in Bangkok. While there has been no news from Royal Enfield about an electric motorcycle under development, this engine swap gives us an idea about what the motorcycle might look like if and when Royal Enfield actually launches its own electric bike. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 we have here has had its 500cc single cylinder swapped for a battery. To accommodate the battery pack and motor, slight alterations have been made, with a belt drive replacing the usual chain drive. The Royal Enfield Electric motorcycle also features a fully-digital display instead of the stock single analog meter. Back home, Royal Enfield recently auctioned 15 Classic 500 Stealth Black motorcycles which were ridden by NSG Commandos.
There are no details about the motor's specifications and output or the rating of the battery pack. Also, with the thumper replaced by a silent electric motor, will current Royal Enfield fans be happy with the loss of the signature thump? Do share with us your thoughts as to whether you would prefer this as the future of RE motorcycles. This is not the first such attempt, either. Earlier, a Royal Enfield customer in the UK had also converted his motorcycle into an electric.
Starts Rs 1,75,687
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000