Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition bookings begin tomorrow
It has been a month since Royal Enfield announced about the launch and prices of the Classic 500 Pegasus. It is a limited edition motorcycle inspired from the World war II Flying Fleas used by the British army. It comes with exquisite visual changes that pay tribute to the original two-stroke RE/WD 125 bikes that served during the time. The bike is limited to just 250 units for India, with 1000 units allotted worldwide.
The bookings will begin at 2:00 pm sharp on the Royal Enfield website and will not be available for sale in any authorized dealerships pan India. This limited edition motorcycle has been priced at Rs 2.49 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition will be powered by the same 499cc single cylinder air cooled engine that produces 27.2 bhp power and 41.3 Nm of torque and mated to a 5-speed gearbox. There will be disc brakes on both front and the rear, with the bike still lacking ABS. The mechanical bits also remain the same with telescopic forks up front and twin shocks at the rear.
As part of the change inspired from the Flying Fleas, the Classic 500 Pegasus Edition recreates a host of elements inspired by the original. The bike gets a unique Service Brown paint job, while each of the 1000 units will come with their own unique serial number stencilled on the fuel tank. The tank also carries the Pegasus emblem that represents the Parachute regiment insignia, alongside the period Royal Enfield badges. It also comes with new brown handlebar grips, a leather strap with brass buckles across the air filter, military-style canvas panniers and badges on the rear mudguard and stickers on the engine, similar to the original motorcycles. Keeping the looks authentic, the chrome bits have been blacked out including the headlight bezel, kick-start lever, spoked wheels, engine and crankcase, exhaust and foot pegs.
In addition to the motorcycle, Royal Enfield has also introduced a limited range of merchandise based on the Pegasus edition that will be available for purchase separately.
Starts Rs 1,75,687
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil