Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition to be priced at Rs 2.5 lakh in India
Royal Enfield will be officially launching the Classic 500 Pegasus edition in India on May 30, 2018. The limited edition motorcycle was unveiled last week. And now there is more information on the prices and the booking amount. Firstly, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus can be booked online on the company website. The booking amount for the same is Rs 25,000. Interested customers have to register themselves between May 30, 2018 to June 9, 2018. The official bookings open on June 10, 2018 at 12PM.
Only 1000 units will be produced with 250 being designated for the Indian market. The limited edition motorcycle has been influenced by the Royal Enfield RE/WD 125 from WWII. This was a lightweight 125cc two-stroke motorcycle nicknamed the 'Flying Flea. It was deployed behind enemy lines via parachutes and onboard the Horsa Glider to provide communications support along with acting as a quick mobility platform for the forward units of the Airborne Pegasus Over 4,000 were deployed across various theatres of war, including in Normandy during D-Day.
The Pegasus Edition is available in two colour options internationally - Service Brown and Olive Drab Green. Indian buyers can only get the brown colour. Each motorcycle comes with a unique serial number stencilled on the tank, reminiscent of military motorcycles. Other unique touches are a bespoke set of military-style canvas panniers, the Pegasus motif on the tank and panniers and period correct RE badging. Each motorcycle has brown handlebar grips, a leather strap with brass buckles across the air filter, blacked out silencers, rims, kickstart lever, pedals and headlight bezel to accentuate the functional, period look.
Mechanically the Pegasus edition remains unchanged from the standard Classic 500. This means the bike is powered by a 499 cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine good for 27.5PS and 41.3Nm. The frame, suspension and tyres have been carried over unchanged as well.
Starts Rs 1,75,687
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019