Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 to be discontinued globally
Earlier this year, Royal Enfield discontinued the production of its cafe racer, the Continental GT in India. And now DriveMag has reported that the same will be done globally. And this we believe is being done to make way for the larger-displacement Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 parallel-twin along with the Interceptor 650. The Continental GT might have not worked in terms of sales, but is an important motorcycle for RE considering it took the brand to a new direction. A deviation from the conventional classics that RE has always been known for. The Continental GT was launched late in 2013 as a spiritual successor to the original café racer Royal Enfield sold by the same name.
The retro-styled Royal Enfield Continental GT truly had a unique design
The Royal Enfield dealers in India have stocks of the Continental GT 535 motorcycle currently though and we expect the bike to be on sale till stocks last. The Continental GT was launched late in 2013 as a spiritual successor to the original café racer Royal Enfield sold by the same name.
There's no denying the Continental GT looks beautifully retro, and powered by a bored-out version of the Royal Enfield Classic 500's single-cylinder engine it offered 29PS and 44Nm of power which made it the most powerful motorcycle in Royal Enfield's line-up. When launched, Continental GT 650 will become the new flagship and the most powerful Royal Enfield, being powered by an air-cooled, 648cc, parallel-twin cylinder engine producing 47PS and 52Nm. The Interceptor 650, a retro-looking motorcycle powered by the same engine is expected to be launched alongside the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650. Given the bigger engine and newer cycle parts, not to mention better fit-finish and equipment levels, the Continental GT 650 will also be the most expensive Royal Enfield yet and will be priced at around Rs 3.25 lakh. You can read more about the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 here.
Starts Rs 1,75,687
Starts Rs 2,65,000
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh