Royal Enfield Despatch motorcycles launched in India at Rs 2.24 lakh
Royal Enfield has introduced the new Despatch range of motorcycles at Rs 2.24 lakh on-road Mumbai. The motorcycle was unveiled by Royal Enfield president, Rudratej Singh at the brand's new showroom at Khar, Mumbai.
The company says that the paint scheme and overall design takes inspiration from the despatch riders who relayed information from one army camp to another during the World War.
The Despatch motorcycle in the picture is in essence a Classic with the army-inspired paint scheme. The painting process includes a hydrographic method that requires many man hours and painstaking attention to detail. While it's available in brown and blue in India, Royal Enfield won't sell the fetching olive green shade here due to government regulations. The motorcycles also get a matte black engine coating while the leather seat has been treated to withstand the effects of weather.
The company also introduced its new Despatch range of riding apparel and accessories. The apparel includes t-shirts, pants and riding jacket. The jacket has a provision for inserting armour too.
Accessories include duffle bags that can double up as saddle bags, boots, wallets and a lot more.
Read more about the Despatch motorcycles from RE:
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India