Royal Enfield Himalayan BS-IV deliveries begin in India
After over four months of playing peek-a-boo, the Royal Enfield Himalayan has returned to the market. The Himalayan has been updated with fuel-injection system and now meets BS-IV norms.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan has very good suspension travel and it feels controlled and happy doing all this. Don't expect the fuel injected version to be any different
The new fuel-injected Royal Enfield Himalayan costs Rs 1.66 lakh ex-showroom and Rs 1.99 lakh on-road, Mumbai. RE dealerships have opened the bookings for the bike and it is also available for test rides. However, there is a two-month waiting period for deliveries, at the least.
The Himalayan was taken off the dealerships by Royal Enfield in April earlier this year. The manufacturer had then said that they would soon be launching the BS-IV compliant version. Royal Enfield also said that there were a couple of issues that customers reported, that needed resolving. With the Fi Himalayan finally in the market, we can expect these issues to have been rectified. The Himalayan is still powered by a 411cc single cylinder engine that produces 24.5PS and 32Nm, and remains mechanically unchanged.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan has a 2-valve SOHC engine that produces 24.5PS and 32Nm
In our Royal Enfield Himalayan road test review, Shumi had mentioned, "With the crispness of a fuel-injection system, 10 more horses and a healthier sounding engine, the Himalayan would not just have been the best Royal Enfield of all, but it might have been the most purchase-worthy, drool-inducing premium motorcycle of them all in India." And with the fuel-injected Himalayan finally up for grabs, the Genie seems to have granted first of Shumi's three wishes.
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019