Royal Enfield Himalayan Camouflage Edition to be launched on January 12
The Royal Enfield Himalayan will soon available in a new Camouflage Edition paint option in India. Royal Enfield will launch its fuel-injected BS IV-compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan on January 12. This information comes after Royal Enfield uploaded a short animated teaser video of a rider astride a Royal Enfield Himalayan rides up some cliffs with the the text 'Coming January 12' in the background. The cliffs have a geometric pattern, which is incidentally similar to the camouflage paint finish seen on a Royal Enfield Himalayan spied at a dealership. Even the colours used on the cliffs and the camouflage paint on the spied RE Himalayan, shades of grey and white, are the same. This suggests that the bike to Royal Enfield launches on January 12 will be the same. We believe its name may not necessarily be Camouflage Edition, and could something along a mountains and snow theme.
There will not be any mechanical changes on this edition from the stock Royal Enfield Himalayan. The Himalayan comes powered by a fuel-injected 411cc long-stroke single cylinder motor, which produces 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm. Earlier, CEO Siddhartha Lal had said that a bigger Himalayan, possibly powered by the company's new parallel twin engine is already in the works. RE is also looking to capture a bigger market with the Himalayan in other countries.
Here's the teaser video for you to watch until the Camouflage Edition is launched on January 12:
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally