Royal Enfield Himalayan Camouflage Edition to be launched on January 12
The Royal Enfield Himalayan will soon available in a new Camouflage Edition paint option in India. Royal Enfield will launch its fuel-injected BS IV-compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan on January 12. This information comes after Royal Enfield uploaded a short animated teaser video of a rider astride a Royal Enfield Himalayan rides up some cliffs with the the text 'Coming January 12' in the background. The cliffs have a geometric pattern, which is incidentally similar to the camouflage paint finish seen on a Royal Enfield Himalayan spied at a dealership. Even the colours used on the cliffs and the camouflage paint on the spied RE Himalayan, shades of grey and white, are the same. This suggests that the bike to Royal Enfield launches on January 12 will be the same. We believe its name may not necessarily be Camouflage Edition, and could something along a mountains and snow theme.
There will not be any mechanical changes on this edition from the stock Royal Enfield Himalayan. The Himalayan comes powered by a fuel-injected 411cc long-stroke single cylinder motor, which produces 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm. Earlier, CEO Siddhartha Lal had said that a bigger Himalayan, possibly powered by the company's new parallel twin engine is already in the works. RE is also looking to capture a bigger market with the Himalayan in other countries.
Here's the teaser video for you to watch until the Camouflage Edition is launched on January 12:
Starts Rs 1,68,273
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first dealership in Nashik, Maharashtra
- News2019 Skoda Superb Corporate edition launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
- FeaturesSimple tech: Camshafts
- NewsDakar 2019 Stage 9: Al-Attiyah claims Car category, Metge wins Moto class
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani