Royal Enfield Himalayan Camouflage Edition to be launched on January 12
The Royal Enfield Himalayan will soon available in a new Camouflage Edition paint option in India. Royal Enfield will launch its fuel-injected BS IV-compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan on January 12. This information comes after Royal Enfield uploaded a short animated teaser video of a rider astride a Royal Enfield Himalayan rides up some cliffs with the the text 'Coming January 12' in the background. The cliffs have a geometric pattern, which is incidentally similar to the camouflage paint finish seen on a Royal Enfield Himalayan spied at a dealership. Even the colours used on the cliffs and the camouflage paint on the spied RE Himalayan, shades of grey and white, are the same. This suggests that the bike to Royal Enfield launches on January 12 will be the same. We believe its name may not necessarily be Camouflage Edition, and could something along a mountains and snow theme.
There will not be any mechanical changes on this edition from the stock Royal Enfield Himalayan. The Himalayan comes powered by a fuel-injected 411cc long-stroke single cylinder motor, which produces 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm. Earlier, CEO Siddhartha Lal had said that a bigger Himalayan, possibly powered by the company's new parallel twin engine is already in the works. RE is also looking to capture a bigger market with the Himalayan in other countries.
Here's the teaser video for you to watch until the Camouflage Edition is launched on January 12:
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP