Royal Enfield Himalayan to be showcased in India on February 2, 2016
Royal Enfield has just sent out a 'block your date' email to us for the second of February. Royal Enfield will be showcasing the new Himalayan motorcycle in India on that date. The Himalayan has been built on an all-new chassis and is the first Royal Enfield motorcycle to have a monoshock suspension at the rear.
The spy pictures floating on the interweb also show the Royal Enfield Himalayan's adventure tourer lines. The double cradle chassis has long travel forks on the front while the tyres spied on the near-production spec model also were off-road biased, which may also be regular tyres with a knobby pattern. Royal Enfield will use their all-new 410cc single cylinder motor in the Himalayan adventure tourer. This motor is expected to make 30Ps/40Nm and will be mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Royal Enfield will also use this engine to power other products in its lineup in the future.
This year, Royal Enfield will not be participating in the Auto Expo 2016 or even at the India Bike Week 2016, to keep the blanket of secrecy around the Himalayan. We should most likely be riding the motorcycle this February while Royal Enfield is expected to launch it shortly after the Auto Expo buzz fizzles out. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the dope on the new Royal Enfield Himalayan.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Royal Enfield Himalayan, click here
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- NewsBSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled