Royal Enfield Himayalan and other BS-III two-wheelers can now be sold in Delhi
This update comes as a definite relief for bike manufacturers as well as customers looking to buy newly launched two-wheelers like the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Bajaj V15 and the Suzuki Access 125 in New Delhi. Reportedly, the registration of new motorcycles was banned from December 2015 by the transport authorities in Delhi as they didn't comply with the BS-IV emission norms.
This action by the Delhi transport authority had a negative impact on the motorcycle and scooter sales, prompting SIAM to raise the issue with the Delhi RTO. The authorities have now agreed to go ahead with the registration process of the above two-wheelers. Individual approval letters are said to have been sent to all the two-wheeler manufacturers involved. According to the new update, the motorcycles scheduled to launch after April 1, 2016 will need to comply with BS-IV emission norms while the BS-III versions that are sold currently have time till April 1, 2017 to upgrade.
Commencing sales of the Royal Enfield Himalayan in Delhi, Rudratej (Rudy) Singh, president, Royal Enfield said, "We are delighted to announce the availability of our latest motorcycle - Himalayan, in New Delhi. The timing of the launch in Delhi could not have been better as all motorcycling enthusiasts in the region start frequenting the hills post Holi. Towards creating and growing a new segment which offers an option for adventure loving motorcycling enthusiasts, we are offering the new Himalayan, now in Delhi, at an on-road price of Rs. 1,73,676"
Starts Rs 66,739
Starts Rs 1,86,811
Starts Rs 64,800
- NewsIndia-bound Volvo S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country facelift unveiled globally
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza prices and variants explained
- ReviewBSVI KTM Duke 200 first ride review
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250 launched in India at Rs 1.80 lakh
- News2020 Volkswagen T-Roc SUV to be launched in India on March 18
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055