Royal Enfield Himayalan and other BS-III two-wheelers can now be sold in Delhi
This update comes as a definite relief for bike manufacturers as well as customers looking to buy newly launched two-wheelers like the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Bajaj V15 and the Suzuki Access 125 in New Delhi. Reportedly, the registration of newmotorcycles was bannedfrom December 2015 by the transport authorities in Delhi as they didn't comply with the BS-IV emission norms.
This action by the Delhi transport authority had a negative impact on the motorcycle and scooter sales, prompting SIAM to raise the issue with the Delhi RTO. The authorities have now agreed to go ahead with the registration process of the above two-wheelers. Individual approval letters are said to have been sent to all the two-wheeler manufacturers involved. According to the new update, the motorcycles scheduled to launch after April 1, 2016 will need to comply with BS-IV emission norms while the BS-III versions that are sold currently have time tillApril 1, 2017 to upgrade.
Commencing sales of the Royal Enfield Himalayan in Delhi, Rudratej (Rudy) Singh, president, Royal Enfield said, We are delighted to announce the availability of our latest motorcycle - Himalayan, in New Delhi. The timing of the launch in Delhi could not have been better as all motorcycling enthusiasts in the region start frequenting the hills post Holi. Towards creating and growing a new segment which offers an option for adventure loving motorcycling enthusiasts, we are offering the new Himalayan, now in Delhi, at an on-road price of Rs. 1,73,676"
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally