Royal Enfield Himayalan and other BS-III two-wheelers can now be sold in Delhi
This update comes as a definite relief for bike manufacturers as well as customers looking to buy newly launched two-wheelers like the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Bajaj V15 and the Suzuki Access 125 in New Delhi. Reportedly, the registration of new motorcycles was banned from December 2015 by the transport authorities in Delhi as they didn't comply with the BS-IV emission norms.
This action by the Delhi transport authority had a negative impact on the motorcycle and scooter sales, prompting SIAM to raise the issue with the Delhi RTO. The authorities have now agreed to go ahead with the registration process of the above two-wheelers. Individual approval letters are said to have been sent to all the two-wheeler manufacturers involved. According to the new update, the motorcycles scheduled to launch after April 1, 2016 will need to comply with BS-IV emission norms while the BS-III versions that are sold currently have time till April 1, 2017 to upgrade.
Commencing sales of the Royal Enfield Himalayan in Delhi, Rudratej (Rudy) Singh, president, Royal Enfield said, "We are delighted to announce the availability of our latest motorcycle - Himalayan, in New Delhi. The timing of the launch in Delhi could not have been better as all motorcycling enthusiasts in the region start frequenting the hills post Holi. Towards creating and growing a new segment which offers an option for adventure loving motorcycling enthusiasts, we are offering the new Himalayan, now in Delhi, at an on-road price of Rs. 1,73,676"
Starts Rs 64,179
Starts Rs 1,65,331
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review