Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 parallel twin first ride in September 2018
Royal Enfield has shared the first ride invitation of the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 parallel-twin motorcycles. The first ride of both these motorcycles are scheduled to take place in California between September 22-26, 2018. Easily the most eagerly anticipated motorcycle of the year, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 is a mix of neo-retro styling, married to an all new 650cc, parallel twin motor that was showcased last year. Engine character was a primary focus while developing engine, says Royal Enfield.
The 2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 have made media and enthusiasts across the world sit up and take notice of the brand
The fuel injected, air/ oil cooled motor produces 47PS at 7,100rpm and 52 Nm at 4,000rpm and is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The engine was developed at the new UK Technical Centre. The motorcycles also gets a slip and assist clutch. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Twin draws inspiration from the yesteryears Royal Enfield Interceptor and it looks in line with the modern classics that we see these days. The Continental GT 650 Twin, on the other hand is an ode to the Café racer culture that was dominant a few years ago.
Royal Enfield has stated that there are no shared parts between the new Continental GT 650 and the current Continental GT with the 535cc, single cylinder engine. Both motorcycles employ a double cradle, steel tubular frame as well as 41mm front forks and twin, coil over shocks at the rear. The wheelbase, at 1400mm, ground clearance, at 174mm and length, at 2122mm is also identical. The Continental GT 650 Twin, however, is slightly shorter than the Interceptor 650 Twin. Braking duties, on both motorcycles, are handled by a 320mm disc at the front and a 240mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard on both motorcycles.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review