Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 parallel twin first ride in September 2018
Royal Enfield has shared the first ride invitation of the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 parallel-twin motorcycles. The first ride of both these motorcycles are scheduled to take place in California between September 22-26, 2018. Easily the most eagerly anticipated motorcycle of the year, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 is a mix of neo-retro styling, married to an all new 650cc, parallel twin motor that was showcased last year. Engine character was a primary focus while developing engine, says Royal Enfield.
The 2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 have made media and enthusiasts across the world sit up and take notice of the brand
The fuel injected, air/ oil cooled motor produces 47PS at 7,100rpm and 52 Nm at 4,000rpm and is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The engine was developed at the new UK Technical Centre. The motorcycles also gets a slip and assist clutch. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Twin draws inspiration from the yesteryears Royal Enfield Interceptor and it looks in line with the modern classics that we see these days. The Continental GT 650 Twin, on the other hand is an ode to the Café racer culture that was dominant a few years ago.
Royal Enfield has stated that there are no shared parts between the new Continental GT 650 and the current Continental GT with the 535cc, single cylinder engine. Both motorcycles employ a double cradle, steel tubular frame as well as 41mm front forks and twin, coil over shocks at the rear. The wheelbase, at 1400mm, ground clearance, at 174mm and length, at 2122mm is also identical. The Continental GT 650 Twin, however, is slightly shorter than the Interceptor 650 Twin. Braking duties, on both motorcycles, are handled by a 320mm disc at the front and a 240mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard on both motorcycles.
Starts Rs 2,50,000
Starts Rs 2,65,000
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip