Royal Enfield is developing two new engines
Eicher Motors Ltd managing director and CEO Siddhartha Lal revealed to a publication that Royal Enfield would be developing two new engine platforms on which multiple products could be launched. He also confirmed that we would see the introduction of these new bikes only in 2016.
According to Lal, the products launched will come with engine capacities ranging from 250cc to 750cc. He also added that while the motorcycles may not interest hardcore racers who're into track focussed bikes, the machines will build on RE's strengths.
An investment of Rs 500 crore is expected to be made towards research and development, new product development, capacity expansion and the setting up of two technology development centres in Chennai and in the UK.
Lal also said, "We will continue to make higher investments into brand, distribution and globally relevant products that will be essential for us to achieve global leadership in the mid-size motorcycle category."
The new adventure oriented Royal Enfield Himalayan was spotted in Gummidipoondi, Chennai recently and we expect it to have an all new 410cc mill.
It was only a few months back that RE was in the news for overtaking Harley-Davidson in terms of sales made in 2014. Royal Enfield sells more than 97 per cent of its products in India. It exported 2,342 units in the first quarter, a growth of 62 per cent over the same period in the previous year.
Source: Times of India
Starts Rs 45,850
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900