Royal Enfield this week: Ducati bid, Classic 350 update and Himalayan BS-IV deliveries
Royal Enfield has been in the news throughout this week. For all the right reasons. Starting with leaked images of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Classic 500 brochures, then news of the Himalayan BS-IV deliveries starting and now the Ducati bid. A glance below will give you all the details why Royal Enfield was in the news this week in the descending order.
Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Classic 500 get updates
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is priced almost Rs 10,000 more than the regular trims but brings in a rear disc brake and swingarm from the Thunderbird
Royal Enfield introduced changes to the Classic 350 and the Classic 500. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 got a new gunmetal grey colour while the Royal Enfield Classic 500 is now available in a stealth black paint. These colours are exclusive to the models. Apart from this, both the motorcycles also get a rear disc brake along with the Thunderbird swingarm. It may be noted that these changes are only applicable to the motorcycles wearing the aforementioned paint scheme. Other Classic variants are expected to get these updates shortly.
Royal Enfield buys Ducati?
Royal Enfield is reported to be preparing a binding offer of US$1.8 billion for Ducati Motor Holding the Italian motorcycle maker
Yes this rumour has been floating around for quite sometime. However, this week, they have been stronger than before. Royal Enfield reportedly is bidding Rs 12,000 crore for Italian motorcycle maker Ducati. We reached out to Royal Enfield and they said that the information was speculative but offered no statement.
Royal Enfield Himalayan BS-IV deliveries start
The Royal Enfield Himalayan has a 2-valve SOHC fuel injected engine that produces 24.5PS and 32Nm
When the BS-IV norms kicked in early April, Royal Enfield had to pull out the Himalayan on-off road motorcycle due to non-conformity with the emission standards. However, a fresh Royal Enfield Himalayan complete with fuel injection is now available in showrooms. Dealers have already started deliveries for pending orders, however fresh orders will have to wait for at least 60-90 days for delivery.
Starts Rs 1,39,308
Starts Rs 1,68,273
Starts Rs 1,75,687
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019