Royal Enfield to stop sales of 500cc motorcycle in India, international exports to continue
Bullet motorcycle maker Royal Enfield announced the end of production of 500cc motorcycles for the domestic market. Royal Enfield Classic, Bullet and Thunderbird 500cc motorcycles will be available for sale in India only till March 31. The company will continue to sell these motorcycles in global markets.
Announcing the end of production of the 500cc single-cylinder, long-stroke, unit construction engine motorcycles in India, Royal Enfield today announced an end to the production of special series motorcycles, the Classic 500 Tribute Black Limited Edition. These motorcycles will be the last in India to carry the long-stroke single-cylinder UCE 500cc engine and will be exclusively made to order under a limited production run. Each of the motorcycles will carry a hallmark 'End of Build' serial numbered plaque making it unique to its owner. These motorcycles will be made available through a limited time online sale on February 10, 2020 from 2pm to 5pm. Service and spares will be made available for current owners across all dealerships in India.
Vinod Dasari, CEO of Royal Enfield said, "Since 2009, the Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycles have proudly set the stage for the middleweight motorcycling segment in India. The Classic 500 in particular has garnered success for Royal Enfield across various international markets with its sublime retro-chic design and engaging ride experience. As we sign off the last of the Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycles, the Classic 500 Tribute Black is an opportunity for aficionados to own a piece of Royal Enfield and motorcycling history."
- NewsLamborghini Sian's supercapacitor tech to be developed for future electrified models
- News2020 Toyota Corolla Cross SUV launched in Thailand
- NewsFilm Star Vanity Vans Useful For Mumbai Police
- NewsSupreme Court disallows registration of BSIV cars sold after March 31
- NewsHyundai previews the ultra-aggressive 2021 Elantra N Line we all knew was coming
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block