Royal Enfield upgrades its entire range to BS IV in India
Royal Enfield has rolled out its BS-IV engine-equipped motorcycles in India. A few months ago, the company had started retailing these motorcycles in the European market too. At that point, the company had said that it would roll out these motorcycles towards the end of this year. Prices have been increased by Rs 5,000 across range of the Royal Enfield motorcycles in India while on-road price has gone up by around Rs 15,000 depending on the model.
Like other manufacturers, all the Royal Enfield motorcycles including the Electra, 350 Standard, Classic 350, Bullet 500, Thunderbird 350, Himalayan, Continental GT, Classic Chrome and Desert Storm models receive no change in the power/torque department. Unlike the European-spec models though, the Indian REs don't receive ABS or addition of a rear disc brake for the base motorcycles. All the models get the AHO feature, which has been mandated by the government for all the motorcycles in India starting from April 1, 2017. The kerb weights of all these motorcycles also stay the same. It may also be noted that the Himalayan, at its launch in 2016, wasn't allowed to be sold in New Delhi owing to the regulations which said that only BS-IV motorcycles can be retailed there.
RE is reported to be working on a twin-cylinder engine. The motorcycle that will straddle this engine will most likely be showcased at EICMA 2017. Expect it to be launched in India by next year. All the RE motorcycles will also have ABS by then, again conforming to the government's mandate of bringing in ABS by October 2018.
Starts Rs 1,16,476
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe