Rs 3 Crore Lamborghini Urus SUV to be launched in India on January 11, 2018
The Lamborghini Urus SUV made its public debut yesterday where the company announced the features, specs and the price for the international markets. If all of that has got you excited in India, Lamborghini will be officially launching the Urus SUV January 11, 2018. We at OVERDRIVE have also learnt that the deliveries of the Lamborghini Urus will start from the second half of 2018.
A total of 25 units of the Lamborghini Urus SUV have been collectively allotted for the three dealerships in India. A select few have already made a booking during the unveiling of the SUV for an undisclosed token amount. Lamborghini dealerships often charge ten per cent of the total value of the car as the down payment of the car. However, in case of the Urus, they will start taking official bookings in India once the SUV arrives in early January 2018. Interestingly, Lamborghini will be launching the Urus in India before China, showing the importance of the country in the company's global plans. We are already aware that Lamborghini will making 1,000 units of the Urus SUV globally and out of that 25 units have been allotted to India.
Our estimate about the Lamborghini Urus makes us believe that the SUV will be priced between Rs 3 to 3.5 crore, ex-showroom. This will bring the Lamborghini Urus SUV in the same bracket as the Range Rover, Mercedes Benz G65 AMG and the Bentley Bentayga. Although Lamborghini has not confirmed anything on the pricing, we believe this pricing will further increase the appeal of the premium SUV in India.
Powering the 2018 Lamborghini SUV is a specially-developed 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 that has no resemblance with the one offered in the Bentley Continental V8 and Flying Spur V8. This motor, equipped with variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation, makes 650PS at 6,000rpm and generates 850Nm of torque at 2,250 rpm. All of that power is sent to four wheels with an 8-speed automatic transmission. Lamborghini claims that the Urus can reach 100kmph in 3.6seconds and will do a top whack of 305 km/h. The Lamborghini Urus also gets drive selectors that can be selected through the Tamburo (drum) driving mode selector listed under the ANIMA (Adaptive Network Intelligence Management) system.
The cabin layout of the Lamborghini Urus SUV looks similar to that in the iconic Lambo supercars
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
Starts Rs 3.29 Crore
Starts Rs 3.11 Crore
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar
- NewsSuzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs 2.2 lakh after tax cut
- NewsHyundai Tucson Sport with 2.4 litre petrol motor launched in USA
- NewsRenault Experience Centre opens in Phoenix Market City, Mumbai
- NewsMV Agusta to discontinue F4 superbike after 2018
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5